Mission and History
The mission of the Carmangay Library is to provide the variety of materials, services, and programs necessary to meet the needs of all segments of the community for information, education, recreation, and culture.
The Carmangay & District Municipal Library was formed by a Village of Carmangay bylaw on June 15, 1981. The Library was first housed in a room in the Grange Hotel and was opened to the public on November 30, 1982. The Library moved to its present location in the former Carmangay Village Office building in the Fall of 1984. The building dates to about 1912 and was renovated with the help of a C.R.C. Grant. The Official Opening was held April 15, 1985 in conjunction with the Village of Carmangay's 75th Anniversary. In 1992, the Library became a founding member of the Chinook Arch Regional Library System.
* For the Village of Carmangay's 90th Birthday celebration in 2000, a short history of the Library was published.